Why TMT bars should be your choice for construction?
- Posted by Meenakshi World
- November 5, 2020
The majorly used bars in the construction process are CTD bars [Cold Twisted Deformed], HYSD bars [High Yielding Strength Deformed], and TMT bars [Thermo Mechanically Treated].
The thermomechanical treatment in TMT bars exerts its effectiveness by creating a gradient between the cooler surface and hot inner core. This treatment creates a really hard outer surface formed by a steel crystalline structure. The high temperatures and subsequent shaping by twisting and rolling leads to the micro-structure unique to the TMT bars.
Advantages of using TMT bars in construction
- TMT bars offer Superior weld-ability, high strength workability, better elongation, and ductility.
- TMT bars are suitable for a spread of uses thanks to amazing flexibility in construction or renovation.
- The use of a TMT bar increases the pace of construction and reduces costs.
- Easier maintenance and transportation thanks to the lighter weight of TMT bars.
- TMT bars diminish the danger of injury thanks to fire and earthquakes.
- The steel of TMT bars is often recycled with none loss of quality.
Grades of TMT bars
There are four different grades of TMT Steel available in India; Fe-415, Fe-500, Fe-550, and Fe-600. Higher the grade number, the higher the yield strength & lastingness, and lesser elongation.
Fe 415: utilized in RCC Constructions in areas with high corrosion and earthquake incidence.
Fe 500: utilized in RCC constructions, in building, bridges, and other concrete structures.
Fe 550: utilized in RCC construction that’s exposed to humid coastal, marine, or underground areas.
Fe 600: used for giant RCC construction purposes.
The flexibility of TMT bars
Because of their flexible nature, the TMT steel bar doesn’t get cracks even after bending 180 degrees. Better elongation is thanks to the higher ductility of the steel.
TMT bars with higher elongation rates are easy to move and provides better saving compared to CTD bars.
For better ‘sudden load absorption’ capacity, the Fe 500D TMT bars are preferred due to its ductile nature. you furthermore may inspect the Fe 500D TMT bar’s benefits. This makes it perfect for areas susceptible to earthquakes, cyclones, and other natural calamities.
The corrosion resistance of TMT bars
Elongating the lifetime of the structure, corrosion-resistant TMT bars help in reducing the speed of corrosion thanks to the concrete after construction. The rust has a higher volume than steel and corrosion leads to cracking of the development thanks to rust. Elements like Copper, Chromium & Phosphorus are blended while making the corrosion-resistant TMT bars. These bars give better protection from the humid coastal environment or underground / underwater construction.
Selecting the foremost suitable TMT bars
There are several TMT bar manufacturers who sell TMT bars created with their exclusive chemical composition and research. Selecting the perfect product totally depends on the sort/scale and site of the property. But once the wants are defined, an appropriate brand is often selected counting on the standard and reputation. Still before selecting a specific batch of a specific brand of TMT bars; one must thoroughly check…
1. Transverse Ribs round the surface should be sharp for better grip on the concrete
2. Company should have certification for ISI and ISO standards
3. There should be a company seal at every 1-meter length of the bars
4. There should be no Rusting or Ferrous coating on the surface
5. Weight and length of the bars should be as per the IS Standards
Major manufacturers of TMT bars in India like ET TMT (Electrotherm TMT) adhere to the International standards in the manufacturing process and operate through extensive & committed networks of dealers.
Meenakshi Build world is the best TMT steel dealer in Bangalore. Our brands are Indus steel, Tata steel, Gopala steel,kamdhenu steel, Gopala steel.